**Pin this Recipe**
I recently got an awesome deal on Greek Sour Cream when I was grocery shopping. So I stocked up. And then I realized, I didn’t have a ton of recipes that utilized sour cream. I didn’t want it to go to waste. I had a few bananas on my counter that were overly ripe and I decided to try my hand at making Sour Cream Banana Bread. And let me tell you, we ate my first loaf in less than 24 hours. Since then I’ve been making this Sour Cream Banana Bread recipe weekly. It is so so moist and so good.
The ingredients for this banana bread are comparable to most banana bread ingredients. Except for the sour cream. The recipe calls for 3 ripe bananas. However, one of the loaves I made I only had 2 bananas and they were not overly ripe. The bread still came out delicious! Most of these ingredients you should have in your stockpile so if you have sour cream in your fridge, you shouldn’t have to make an extra trip to the grocery store to make this bread!
Sour Cream Banana Bread Recipe
1 stick Salted Butter, at room temperature
1 c Sugar
1 ½ c Flour
1 teaspooon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
3 Mashed, Ripe Bananas (the riper, the better!)
½ c Sour Cream
1 teaspoon Vanilla
½ cup Chocolate Chips, Chopped Walnuts or Chopped Pecans (optional)
1) Preheat oven to 350. Spray non-stick cooking spray to 9x5x3 inch loaf pan.
2) In a medium bowl mix flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
3) In a large bowl with an electric mixer, mix butter and sugar until fluffy. Then add eggs and mix.
4) Combine dry ingredients to butter mixture. Mix until combined.
5) Add Bananas, sour cream and vanilla and mix until combined. If adding nuts or chocolate chips, add now and mix just slightly.
6) Pour into loaf pan.
7) Bake for 60 – 70 minutes until knife or cake tester comes out clean.
8) Let loaf cool in pan and then remove from pan.
Go HERE to see all Recipes on Addicted to Saving