Credit Sesame is one of my favorite sign ups from the “freebies” I’ve featured on Addicted to Saving. You’ll get your free credit score and a complete view of your credit and loans. Plus, when you turn on the Credit Monitoring feature, you’ll be notified of changes to your credit profile, along with $50K identity theft insurance and live agents to help you restore your identity in case of theft. All for free! Go HERE to register for free in under 2 minutes (no cc required).
Do you know what the top 3 financial resolutions are for 2014? According to Fidelity, Americans want to save more (52%), spend less (19%), and pay off debt (19%). If you find yourself in one of those categories (ME!), then Credit Sesame can help you achieve these goals.
Adrian Nazari, CEO and founder of CreditSesame.com, gives a couple tips on how to keep the above resolutions.
- There are lots of small steps that consumers can take to achieve this resolution so choose options that fit the best with your lifestyle.
- Create a budget.
- Have more money automatically withdrawn from your paycheck and put in your 401k.
- Bring your lunch to work more frequently.
- Eliminate expensive membership fees (i.e. that gym you no longer use.)
Set small goals – they are easier to work towards and can add up to a lot of savings.
- The best place to start is by evaluating your current expenses.
- Do you really need cable television or can you make do without?
- What about that monthly subscription to Netflix or your 10 magazine subscriptions?
- Is now really the best time to buy that new couch or could you find one for free?
One of the easiest and most overlooked ways to spend less is by re-evaluating your debt and improving your credit score. Consumers with better credit scores have better interest rates. Credit Sesame has found that 1 in 3 Americans are overpaying $541 a month on their loans. By refinancing, consumers could quickly save hundreds of dollars every year without having to make significant cuts to their budget.
Pay Off Debt
Consumers who are serious about paying off debt can get free credit monitoring from Credit Sesame. Not only will credit monitoring allow consumers to stay on top of their credit, but they’ll receive alerts when important changes occur. This makes it easy for consumers to know where they stand financially, if their identity has been compromised and keep track of what’s reported to the credit bureaus.
Thanks Adrian Nazari for those helpful tips on staying on top of our finances this year! And of course check in on Addicted to Saving each day to make sure you don’t miss out on a great saving tip for the item or service you need. 😉
Go HERE and in just 2 minutes get your FREE Credit Score!
- See other FREEBIES on Addicted to Saving while you’re here.