Make sure you don’t miss ANY deals on toys, games, electronics and more! Join Addicted to Saving’s Holiday Deals Facebook group and stay on top of all of the latest deals! And, don’t miss my 2015 Holiday Gift Guide to see all of the gift ideas I am loving this year!
I love watching the Food Channel. One of my favorite cooks to watch is Paula Deen. I find Paula’s recipes to be decadent and drool worthy. Most of her recipes I never make mainly because I can’t fathom how many calories are in them. But this recipe, I had to try and prepare for Thanksgiving. I didn’t regret it – not one single bite. This recipe is creamy, tangy, tasty and so easy to prepare. Honestly, I don’t think I will ever make plain mashed potatoes again after trying this recipe. If you make it, let me know your thoughts – I would love to hear what you think!
- Use coupons to save on bacon and cheese by searching for coupons in Addicted to Saving’s Coupon Database, go HERE.
- Potatoes go on sale over the holiday season because stores know that most of us are stocking up on them. So you should be able to find Idaho potatoes priced at or under $0.49/lb.
- I so wish I had a healthy tip for you in this recipe. But I don’t. Well, I guess you could substitute turkey bacon for pork bacon? Besides that, this recipe is all about flavor. And comfort. And creaminess.
To see additional recipes posted on Addicted to Saving, go HERE
Paula’s Loaded Mashed Potatoes
2 heads garlic
6 pounds Idaho potatoes, peeled and quartered
2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
1/2 cup butter
1 12 oz carton sour cream
1 8 oz block sharp white Cheddar, grated (my favorite brand to use is Cabot)
1 1/2 pounds bacon
Green onion (for topping) if desired
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2) Cook bacon on stovetop. Once crispy, cut into small pieces. Set aside.
3) Cut the tops off 2 garlic heads. Wrap in foil and bake for 30 minutes. Let cool. Remove garlic from skins.
4) Cook potatoes in boiling water until tender. Drain. Return to pot.
5) Mash potatoes until smooth (I used a hand mixer), add salt, pepper, butter, sour cream, garlic
6) Add cheddar cheese and bacon.
7) Spoon mashed potatoes into serving bowl.
8) Top with green onions (if desired)
Head HERE to see all Holiday Gift Deals on Addicted to Saving