One of my favorite recipes to make that I don’t make often enough is Mexican Lasagna. My mom first started making this recipe when I was in high-school. She learned the recipe in my favorite cooking magazine Taste of Home Magazine. I love this recipe because it has all of the flavors of Mexican food (cheese, corn tortillas, seasoned ground beef) and yet has tons of fresh veggies on top. And – it is pretty!
1.5 lb Ground Beef
1 T Chili Powder
1/4 t Garlic Powder
1/4 t Red Pepper
1 t Salt
1 t Pepper
1 16 oz can Tomatoes
10-12 Small Soft Corn Tortillas (I’ve tried flour and they do not bake as nicely)
2 c small curd cottage cheese, drained
1 c Monterey Jack Grated Cheese
1/2 c Cheddar Cheese Grated
2 c Lettuce
Diced Fresh Tomatoes
1) Preheat oven at 350 degrees
2) Brown Ground Beef, season with chili powder, red pepper, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Add tomatoes. Heat through.
3) In a bowl, combine cottage cheese with Monterey Jack cheese and egg.
4) Spray lasagna dish with Pam
5) Layer bottom of dish with 6 corn tortillas. Cover tortillas with ground beef mixture.
6) Layer with remaining 6 corn tortillas. Cover with cottage cheese mixture.
7) Bake for 30 mins.
8) Remove from oven. Cover lasagna with lettuce, cheddar cheese, diced tomatoes, black olives and whatever additional toppings you would like.
This post may contain a link to an affiliate. See my disclosure policy for more information.