**I am reposting this for all of my new readers :)** I know that a ton of you are as addicted to Swag Bucks as I am. And, I know that when you are first getting started off with Swag Bucks, it can be a bit confusing when it is time to earn and redeem your Swag Bucks towards rewards. I will try to help clear up some of your confusion with some of the tips I’ve learned since I signed up almost 11 months ago.
1) If you haven’t signed up for Swag Bucks, do it! (Go HERE to sign up) It is a super simple program. There are many ways to earn Swag Bucks each day but the easiest way is to use their toolbar. Below is a picture of the toolbar. (I had to shrink the photo so that it would fit on this post, but you can see that the Swag Bucks tool bar is in between the Norton security bar and my Favorites bar.
Once you have downloaded the toolbar, use the toolbar to search each and every website that you go to each day. So, instead of typing in the web address www.addictedtosaving.com, search “addicted to saving”. Randomly throughout the day, you will earn Swag Bucks for your searches! Yesterday, I earned 65 Swag Bucks just from searching!
2) The second easiest way to earn Swag Bucks is to find Swag Bucks codes. This isn’t as difficult as it may sound. Sometimes it is time consuming, sometimes it is super easy. Follow my website because I will post when there are codes available and I will also help you find them. (If you “like” Addicted to Saving on Facebook, you will receive up-to-the minute reports on Swag Codes.) It is important to note that Swag Codes are only available for a short time. They expire usually within an hour or two of being released. So, you have to act fast to receive your Swag Code.
3) The third easiest way to earn Swag Bucks is to refer a friend. (This is optional for you – if you choose just to earn Swag Bucks from searching that’s find too! )When your friend earns Swag Bucks from searching, you will earn the same amount of Swag Bucks as them (up to their first 1,000 Swag Bucks). To refer a friend, go to your Swag Bucks account, click on the “Promote” column and then click “Invite Friends & Earn”. You can send an email out to all of the friends in your email account and if they register from the link provided in the email, they will be under you.
Now for the fun part…
Once you start earning Swag Bucks, you will be ready to redeem them towards prizes. There are a ton of prizes available. There are Amazon (my fave), Pay Pal, Target, Southwest Airlines, Barnes & Noble Gift Cards etc etc. There are even fun prizes like posters, baseball cards, pencils, etc. The prizes I focus on, however, are Amazon Gift Cards. I know so many of you love the Amazon gift cards too. Below are my tips for redeeming them.
You have three Amazon Gift Card values to choose from. A $5.00 e-card, $25.00 e-card and $50.00 e-card.
- The most affordable gift card is the $5.00 Amazon Gift e-card. It only takes 450 Swag Bucks to earn one $5.00 card (this makes it 90 Swag Bucks per $1.00).
- The second most affordable card is the $50.00 Amazon Gift e-card. It takes 5,900 Swag Bucks to earn one $50.00 card (this makes it 118 Swag Bucks per $1.00)
- The least affordable is the $25.00 Amazon Gift e-card. This one takes 3,150 Swag Bucks to earn one $25 card (this makes it 126 Swag Bucks per $1.00)
In summary – you can see that the $5.00 is the most affordable gift card! So, don’t bother saving up your Swag Bucks for a $25.00 or $50.00 card! Also – note that you can redeem up to 5 of EACH gift card each month. So, if you have an amazing month, you can earn five $5.00 Amazon cards, five $50.00 Amazon cards, etc etc
Once you have enough Swag Bucks to redeem towards your prize, go to the “Swag Store” which is under the “Rewards” column on your Swag Bucks homepage. From there, you can find the gift you want. If you select a $5.00 Amazon Gift Card, what will happen is that you need to confirm the email sent to your email address after you have clicked on it. After you do this, you will have to wait up to two weeks for Swag Bucks to assign a $5.00 Amazon Gift Card code to you. You will receive an email once the code is assigned. You then go to your Swag Bucks account, click on “My Gift Cards”, type in your password and you will be able to retrieve your gift card code. Copy the code, go to your Amazon.comaccount, paste the code into your account where it says “Apply a Gift Certificate/Card to Your Account” and you will then see that you now have a $5.00 credit in your Amazon account. You can keep adding credits to your Amazon account until you choose to buy something. Amazon will hold your credits and will not delete them. I saved all my Amazon credits until I had enough to buy a Wii. Then I used them towards the Wii to get it free.