New here? Like us on Facebook below:
Sweet Potato Casserole. It seems that there are two different version of this sweet casserole. One involves marshmallows. The other involves lots of brown sugar. This recipe was passed on to me from my hubby’s family and it involves lots of brown sugar. They make this dish for Thanksgiving and Christmas. To me, this is more of a “dessert-like” dish. So sweet and so good. It is a great companion to ham and Paula’s Loaded Mashed Potatoes.
- Potatoes go on sale over the holiday season because stores know that most of us are stocking up on them. So you should be able to find Sweet potatoes priced at or under $0.49/lb.
- Sweet potatoes are a very healthy carbohydrate. They are a great source of dietary fiber, they are low in sodium and very low in saturated fat & cholesterol.
- If you are looking to limit your sugar intake, you can omit the 1/2 c white sugar that is mixed into the mashed sweet potatoes. Sweet potatoes are naturally sweet so you don’t have to add more sweetness.
Sweet Potato Casserole
4 c Sweet Potatoes (whipped)
1 stick Butter
1/2 c White Sugar
3/4 stick Butter (melted)
1/2 c Flour
1 c Brown Sugar
1/2 c Pecan Pieces (optional)
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 9×11 dish with non-stick cooking spray
2) Combine already whipped potatoes, butter, white sugar and 2 eggs in mixing bowl. Mix together well.
3) Pour sweet potato mixture into baking dish
4) Combine topping ingredients in a small bowl.
5) Spread topping over sweet potatoes
6) Bake for 45 minutes.
Subscribe to daily email updates and be entered for a chance to win $50 cash!
This post may contain a link to an affiliate. See my disclosure policy for more information.