Addicted to Saving 101 – Introduction to Saving
Welcome to Addicted to Saving! My goal for you is to make your life easier as you save more money than ever before! To learn more about me, read my About Me page.
As you get started, read my tips below. And, follow my Addicted to Saving 101 series. We will get more in depth with each and every topic.
1) Set Goals. Are you looking to save money to put money towards bills? Debt? Savings? A vacation? Give yourself a goal – even if it is as small as having more money to cover your electric bill each month. As you save more and more money and you accomplish your set goals, you will feel such a sense of empowerment!
2) Start small. If you want to start saving money on your grocery and drugstore bills, I highly recommend that you pick one store. Learn that store’s policies and get familiar with the couponing process at that store. Once you master that store, add more stores. When I started I tried to take advantage of each and every deal available and when you do that, you will get overwhelmed and you may burn out.
3) Saving money should be a lifestyle. Couponing should not be a short-term fad where you save money for a couple of months and then go back to paying full price. When you make saving money saving money a lifelong process, you will reap the most benefits.
Check: Hyvee Weekly Ad and Sprouts Weekly Ad.
4) Have fun! Get excited when you score a really good deal. There was a deal where I was able to get feta cheese for free. I was already an “experienced” couponer but I can not tell you how happy that deal made me! Enjoy yourself as you learn that you really can get more for each dollar you spend!
5) Try new products. The more “non-negotiables” you have in your life, the more you will spend each week. For me, I’m a Heinz Ketchup girl. I don’t want any other brands of ketchup. So, I risk having to pay close to full price on ketchup if my stockpile runs low. I am pretty flexible on pretty much everything else I consume or use. Be willing to branch out and try new products. You will not only discover new brands and products that you enjoy, but you will be able to save more money as you take advantage of deals.
6) Follow the rules. I have provided you with extensive information on coupon policies and verbiage. Understand couponing ethics and don’t steer from them.
7) Get your family involved. If you shop with small children, make it a game for them to find blinkie coupons. Or give them the task of finding certain items that are on your grocery list. They will feel a sense of purpose and will begin to understand the importance of couponing at a young age!
8 ) Utilize AddictedtoSaving.com. I spend countless hours each week typing up and posting store sales and coupon matchups, deals, freebies, and more. My website is a free tool for you to utilize and enjoy.
Robin Baker says
I wanted to thank you for the knowledge that you given me and the resources that you make available.
i’m a heinz ketchup girl too. 🙂
John Shockey says
Thank you! I am a 32 year veteran cop with terminal heart disease, they just left me hanging. I have been bummed for so long, and you have provided me with a way I can help my struggling family! Thanks!
Nelda Walsh says
Hello, I ran across your site as i was looking for Merita Bread coupons. .I’m a coupon clipper & try to save as much as i can since I’m on a limited income..Thank You for the email coupons!
Hello this is my first time trying to coupon but a friend told me of your website so will try and thanks for doing this i will try to save as much as i can.
Is my first time. I hope learn to saving with the coupons.
Just wanted to say thanks..I have been trying to kickstart this couponing thing for the past 6 weeks on count less sites and your the first person that has gotten me excited and ready to give it another go. Your simplicity is impecable. Ya to saving 🙂
Marilyn Marcial says
Thank you for your inf. Iam new in this, by the way i live in Puerto Rico not much store accept coupons, WALMART WALGREENS CVS Only. Any inf regarding in how to use coupons and were to get them as well.
Briana Graves says
I just stumbled upon your site after searching for an all you subscription..and he you are..not only did this site just save me $..but i just started doing the coupon thing. Your information has been helpful to this newbie. Keep up the good work, you have a follower 🙂
Addicted to Saving says
Awwww…thank you Briana! I really appreciate the encouragement. It’s actually pretty hard work so it’s nice to get compliments every now and again. 🙂
I’m so dumb.
I am a new subscriber and this is my first week doing coupons.
thank you for sharing all your knowledge with us.
Addicted to Saving says
Glad to have you on board, Katerin! Let me know if you have any questions. 🙂