**Pin this Recipe**
I originally posted this recipe last summer but now that we are in the heat of summer I had to pull this refreshing recipe out again! My hubby isn’t a fan of fruit in his desserts. So the strawberry ice cream recipe I posted last summer didn’t really float his boat. But he is loving this Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Ice Cream recipe! This recipe utilizes the Raw Cookie Dough Bites recipe and the vanilla ice cream has just three ingredients – whole milk, vanilla beans and maple syrup.
If you have been on the fence about making homemade ice cream, it is time to get off of it! It is so easy to make and involves just a few ingredients! If you look at all of the ingredients on the back of your cartons of ice cream, you will most often see ingredients that you have never heard of. Homemade ice cream, however, includes whole foods and ingredients that you can pronounce! So pull your ice cream maker out of the closet and put it to use!
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Ice Cream Recipe
3.5 cups of whole milk
2 vanilla beans
5 TBSP maple syrup (or other liquid sweetener)
cookie dough balls (see recipe below)
1. Make sure ice cream bowl has been in freezer for at least 15-18 hours.
2. Mix all ingredients except cookie dough balls in a bowl and then poor into ice cream bowl when ready.
3. Run ice cream machine until desired consistency occurs, usually about 15 minutes – will look like soft serve ice cream.
4. Add in cookie dough balls for last 2-3 minutes of mixing.
5. Serve immediately or place back in freezer for 1-2 hours to harden up consistency. Top with chocolate chips if desired.
Raw Cookie Dough Bites Ingredients
1 cup almonds
1 cup oats (I used old-fashioned, instant)
25 pitted dates
1/3 cup water
¼ cup chocolate chips
1/8 – ¼ cup coconut (optional)
Raw Cookie Dough Bites Directions
1. Blend together almonds and oats in food processor until fine powder
2. Add in dates and blend again for 2-3 minutes
3. Slowly add in water (anywhere between ¼ – ½ cup) until mix becomes a nicely moistened dough
4. Take out of food processor and put it to bowl and stir in mix ins (in this case, chocolate chips and shredded coconut)
5. Roll into balls on parchment paper and place in refrigerator to chill for 10-15 minutes
Go HERE to see all Recipes on Addicted to Saving
This recipe is adapted from My Whole Food Life