I know we are just in the middle of summer, but that doesn’t mean that it isn’t too soon to start thinking about back to school shopping. Specifically clothing shopping. I have 8 tips on how to save on back to school clothing shopping!
Tips to save money on clothing purchases:
1) Follow your favorite stores on Facebook and Twitter. Many companies release online coupons there.
2) Sign up to receive your favorite store’s emails. (Consider creating an email address specifically for email subscriptions like this as some companies will send multiple emails a day.) Many companies email their subscribers when they are having sales, coupon codes and new releases.
3) Shop the sales. If you have coupon codes, use the codes on items already marked down to get the best deal. If you live in a warmer state (like me), shop the summer clearance racks and look for clothing that isn’t too summery. Lots of summer clothing will be perfect for fall – especially if you layer your child’s clothing! And don’t wait until the end of summer to look for sales on back to school clothing! Start looking now!
4) Stock up on larger sizes when they are on sale. Store the larger clothing away until your child fits in it.
5) If ordering clothing online, watch shipping costs. Some companies charge crazy shipping fees – don’t fall for it! Some companies give coupon codes for free shipping and most companies give free shipping automatically if you place a purchase of $50, $75, etc.
6) Watch Facebook. It is becoming more and more popular for towns to have Facebook groups devoted to selling & trading children’s apparel and toys. Once you join the group, you can purchase used clothing from individuals located in your area.
7) Head to local consignment and thrift stores. Because children often grow out of the clothing quickly, used clothing can be in excellent condition.
8) Check out online consignment stores like thredup.com and schoola.com When you sign up for a new Schoola account, you will immediately receive a FREE $15 Credit and you will receive a FREE $10 Credit when you sign up for a new Thredup account!
Go HERE for all of the Back to School deals on Addicted to Saving